General Information about Vital Link
1. Is Vital Link a membership organization and is there a fee to use the site?
No, Vital Link is not a membership organization and there is no membership fee. Students and job
seekers have full access to the resources on the website at no cost. Businesses can use the website
to communicate their educational support programs, availability to partner with educational institutions,
and list scholarship opportunities. Any business that gives a donation to Vital Link may post their job
listings on the Job Bank in accordance with the various sponsorship levels.
2. How do we become involved with the Vital Link organization?
Go to the contact us page and send an email to the Vital Link offices informing us of your interest in
becoming involved. A representative from the organization will contact you directly.
to the top
Vital Link School Partnership Program
1. What happens if we don't know which school or district to select as the recipient of our donated funds?
A Vital Link representative will contact you and assist you in selecting a recipient that fits your community outreach goals.
2. What happens if we want to partner up with more than one
You can contact the Vital Link office and a representative will
help you with your selections.
3. What happens if the school we wish to select is not listed in the drop down menu?
You can contact the Vital Link office and identify your selection and your funds will be directed to the
school of your choice.
to the top
Questions Asked by Job Seekers
1. Is there a fee to use your service?
No, there is no fee for job seekers to use the services.
2. Does the Vital Link Job Bank address job seekers privacy concerns?
Vital Link does not give any private information to third parties.
3. Do I need a password to search for a job?
Yes you need a password. You can set up your password when you register as a job seeker the first
time you enter the site.
4. I forgot my password. Is there a way to get it?
Located on the log in page there is a link you can click if you have misplaced your password. Enter your
user name and we will send you your password by email.
5. An employer contacted me and I want to reply to them. However, I've lost their e-mail address, what do I do?
Go to the contact us page and email us the details of your situation. Be sure to include the name of the
employer, which job listing you applied for, and the approximate date the employer responded to you.
A representative from the Vital Link office will attempt to assist you in connecting with the employer.
to the top
Vital Link Curriculum
1. What are employability skills?
Employability skills or soft skills are non-technical skills that are necessary for an employee to have in order
to be successful in the workforce. Examples of employability skills are: Listening, Speaking, Conflict
Resolution, Group Participation, and Problem Solving.
2. How do I order the Vital Link Curriculum?
You can download the order form located on the curriculum page and fax it or email it to the vital Link
offices. You may also call the office at 949-646-2520 and request information about the curriculum.
to the top
Questions Asked by Employer Sponsors
1. How does the Vital Link Job Bank differ from other job search sites?
Vital Link is a 501 (c) 3 that is dedicated to serve the education community and to help students transition
from school to career. The Job Bank was developed as a service to the career centers at public and private high
schools, ROP's and community colleges. Funds paid by employers
go toward supporting Vital Link and Vital Link's mission.
Vital Link's Job Bank is for entry level positions only.
2. What are the benefits of the Vital Link approach?
The business benefits by reaching the target audience it is
seeking for entry-level positions.
3. What type of audience does the Vital Link Job Bank target?
The Vital Link Job Bank is exclusively for entry-level positions. There are no listings for positions that require more
than a 2-year degree or ROP or trade school certificate. The Job Bank is targeted at the entry-level employee
ages 16-21 years old.
4. What type of services does Vital Link offer?
Vital Link offers support and assistance to businesses that are interested in forming a partnership with a
school or school district. Contact the Vital Link offices for further information about establishing an educational
partnership in your community.
5. My company is interested in making a donation and list our jobs on the site, how do we sign up?
Go to the Job Bank page and log in as an employer. You must complete the company profile,
and you can begin entering in your job listings.
6. How do I establish a company profile?
You can establish a company profile by logging on as an employer, accepting the terms and conditions and
entering in the data on the Company Profile page.
7. We are a large organization with multiple offices and divisions. Do we set up one company profile or does
each division have its own profile?
A separate company profile must be set up for each billing location regardless of the number of divisions or
locations that will be posting job locations under that billing address. You can contact the Vital Link offices for
additional information about multiple office/division firms.
8. How do I post listings in the job bank?
Job listings can be created on the Create a Listing page.
9. Can I post internships in the job bank?
Yes, you can post internships as well as part time and full time positions.
10. How long do my jobs remain posted in the job bank?
That will depend on the level of sponsorship you have selected. Sponsor levels range from 30-day to 1-year
sponsorships. All donation funds must be received prior to a listing being posted live on the website. Once
the sponsor period is over the listing will be removed from the site.
11. How do I renew my sponsorship on the job bank?
You may renew your sponsor level by mailing in your new donation. If you want to change your level you can
do this by selecting the new sponsor level on the Company Profile page.
12. Can I delete jobs that I posted on the job bank?
You may delete job listings through the Listing Administration page.
13. Are jobs automatically deleted for me?
Once your sponsorship period is over the job listings that you have posted will be inactivated.
14. Can I update my jobs after I post them on the job bank, and if so, how?
You can edit a job listing, activate or inactive a listing through the Listing Administration page.
15. Our company has a sponsor account but the person who established the account is no longer with the
company, how do I get access to our account?
Contact the Vital Link office to establish the change of contact person. You may email or call the offices with
the new contact information.
16. What do I do if I want to change my donation level?
Go to your Company Profile page and select your new sponsorship level. A representative from Vital Link will contact you.
17. I have a question that has not been answered in this page, who can I contact?
You can contact the Vital Link office at 949-646-2520 for additional assistance.
to the top