Vital Link is a concept initiated by the American Business Conference with the goal of matching high
school students' education with the needs of their future employers.
The mission of Vital Link is to create the link between business and education to prepare students
for the successful transition to meaningful employment. As a catalyst for systemic change, Vital Link
is committed to making high school count in the career development process for students.
- To provide students and teachers with standards and expectations of business
- To provide schools with curriculum and training that focuses on real-world applications addressing
entry-level skill requirements
- To assist schools in accurately assessing and documenting students' skills
- To assist schools with the opportunity to develop a system to allow students the ability to give
their Employability Transcript to potential employers
- To create opportunities for students to interact with businesses and business professionals.
- To use technology as a delivery system to increase the organizations ability to replicate the program
- To serve the common interests of business and education by building alliances and creating
opportunities for the groups to focus on the common goal.
Input into education curriculum
Documentation of career skills by applicants
Low cost job postings to fill entry level positions
- Opportunities to make connections with
mentors and future employers
- Increased awareness of relationship
between school and the workplace
- Increased interaction with business
- Opportunities to share resources and training with business
- Feedback on students' preparation
- Creation of a curriculum for students to prepare them for
their future career path